We only stayed about 36 hours in Athens, so we are by no means experts. But, for what it’s worth, here’s what we learned:
1. Many museums aren’t open on Monday
2. Great resources we used:
3. Rick Steves has some free audio tours you can download and listen to while touring some sites.
4. Save your ticket from the Acropolis, because it also gets you into the Temple of Zeus.
5. International student tickets are available at the Acropolis–don’t let the ticket person tell you differently. There’s a big difference between 12 euros and 24.
6. We used airbnb again and had a wonderful experience–probably cheaper than we could get in a hotel in the area, and much nicer than a hostel (and only slightly more expensive). We spent around $80 for two nights.